Thursday, January 24, 2008

There Was an Old Woman

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly.
I don't know why she swallowed the fly.
Perhaps she'll die.

Remember that one? I finally figured out why she swallowed the fly. Cause her doctor told her to. So he could continue to treat her and tell her to swallow the spider, then the bird and the cat and so on and so on. Charging her a $35 co-pay per visit.

A little over four months ago I smoked, didn't exercise and ate junk food all the time. My cholesterol was over 300 even though I was at a healthy weight. I quit smoking, I gained weight. I started exercising, I hurt my back. I started eating healthy, now I'm on more stinkin' medication than I was four months ago. This weeks latest medication for a sinus infection is making me violently ill. I guess at least it'll help with the weight loss.

Or perhaps I'll die.

Either way this, my friends, is why I haven't been amusing you with my wit and wisdom on a daily basis. I'm too busy swallowing things. I don't know why.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Oh sweety, the path to wellness is paved with child-proof lids. That's why I don't go down that path. Feel better soon.

Jennifer said...

So sorry! It's hard to get your body back in whack... especially when meds are involved. I hope you feel better soon!

Jayne said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Sometimes it seems the cure is worse than the ailment, doesn't it?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This post is hilarious. Thank you for the laugh. I hope you can become totally healthy so you only swallow good things.