Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Lights are On!

Last night at 8:30 pm we lost power. We figured by that point it was easy enough to go to bed. We lit the fireplace and camped out. By the time we got everything together, got the cat to calm down (she was elated that we were sleeping with her) and almost fell asleep the lights came back on. We’re not out of the woods yet. We added an inch or so of sleet and a little more freezing rain last night. Now it’s snowing  horizontally. The wind could still take out the power lines.

I know I should go out and take pictures but, um, it’s COLD out there. My only goal today is to work on knitting the last skein of the Worlds Most Beautiful Scarf. I’m debating on whether or not I should bother to get dressed while I do it. Nobody’s going anywhere around here for a long time.

DSC_7301

Isn’t that vintage inspired dress form cool? My daughter gave it to me for Christmas. It’s the perfect addition to Sheville. While I was taking that picture I remembered another project I’ve done recently and forgot to tell you about. My first lengthwise scarf. Done in an easy care acrylic to wear with my everyday red parka.

DSC_7287

And a matching slouchy hat.

DSC_7291

I hope you’re warm and the lights are on where you are. If you want to stay in your jammies, go for it.

christinesig

9 comments:

Karen Anne said...

Just be glad you aren't cinched into a corset to get that shape :-)

Muffy's Marks said...

I love 'jamma' days! Enjoy!

Rita said...

All of my days are so full. Now....today I can do nothing but it makes me nervous! What in the world. I would have paid for a day like this and I just feel restless. I know there is a lot to do. I could send a card or many. I could make appointments, or make a grocery list or menu. Here I sit. Doing nothing. I think I'll fix a cup of coffee. I truly hope you are relaxing.

Curbstone Homestead said...

I am glad that you are prepared for the bad weather. So often people don't believe it's going to get "that bad". Take the time to reconnect with the family!!

Debbie said...

Christine, I'm glad you weren't without power for too long. Just long enough to have fun, sounds like. We didn't get any ice like you did, but we sure got the howling winds.

The Barn Door said...

Sounds absolutely miserable back there!

Nancy K. said...

If I had pajamas, I'd wear them all day too. I just wear sweats all the time... ;-)

Your cabled scarf looks gorgeous! I love the acrylic one too. The slouchy hat is adorable. Would you believe that I've never made a hat (for me)? Maybe I'll do another lengthwise scarf too. I did one for my grandson a couple of years ago and it was really neat.

Hoping your power stays on and every thing melts SOON!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Oh, you guys stay warm and safe. Let's hope winter will let go soon and give everyone a break. Y'all take care.

johnmayersquare said...

Glad you are safe and warm...what pattern is that for the scarf(the most beautiful scarf one)??? I LOVE it...would like to find out where I can get it myself ;) Stay in the jammies!