Saturday, July 4, 2015

Elsie's Treadle Revived

After four days of serious work the cabinet and machine are ready to be put to use again.

Before:



After:

Before:



After:


Before: 

After:

I'm continuing to add Kramer's Best Antique Restorer to the top as it needs a few (30?) more coats over time. In the mean time she has been given a place of honor in Sheville where she will be used often. I now consider it one of my most prized possessions. Unfortunately this has spurred a new addiction for me. I see another old treadle machine on Craigslist in a completely different style that desperately needs a makeover. Must resist!

4 comments:

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Stuff like this just warms my heart!
kim

Gone Country said...

She turned out great! I recently bought a Minnesota at an antique shop. My research says its early 1900's made by Davis for Sears Roebuck. Both the machine and the cabinet need some serious work. I originally bought it mainly for the cabinet to my Singer Featherweight on but the more I look at the Minnesota the more I want to try and restore it.

Enjoy your 'new' beauty!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Oh, how lovely! You did a wonderful job on it and I'm so glad that you'll be using it frequently.

Michelle said...

What a fantastic transformation you worked!