Wednesday, January 15, 2014

On the Design Wall

I am plugging away at a quilt I started at retreat back in May. I am bound and determined to get the top finished by the end of the month. I think I'll make it as everything is cut and pieced, I just need to assemble. I am pleased that almost the entire queen-size quilt fits on the new design wall. There will be two borders - one pieced, which you can see a small section of on the right, and then another plain red border.



In the mean time my wool has arrived home from the mill--two giant boxes of it. Of course, I have no place left to put it in the studio so you know what that means…


back in the shower it goes! Perhaps this time if I leave it in the boxes I can avoid an avalanche


5 comments:

Elaine said...

Your new quilt is gorgeous!! The side piece is too. It really frames the whole quilt.
What a stash of wool you have. I hope you have time to make a major dent in it before the shower door busts open again.

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Which mill do you use?
I don't know how you accomplish so much!
kim

Gypsy Quilter said...

Love the new quilt top. Looking forward to seeing it completed. Yes, do tell, which mill do you use. I've recently acquired some llama fleece, 3 bags full!

Christine said...

I used Heritage Flock and Fiber Mill out of Michigan.

Unknown said...

The next open spin is scheduled for Feb 2nd, I think- not this weekend. Hopefully we will have a burst of spring by then????