Monday, May 5, 2014

Stained Glass Inspired Quilt

Well, it took almost a year for me to get around to it, but the quilt for the master bedroom is finally finished.


My friend, Michelle, really outdid herself on the quilting. It looks like old-fashioned feather quilting with a modern twist. I love it.


This was a fun one to make. It was inspired by the stained glass windows in the master bedroom.


There are so many interesting architectural features around this old house I don't think I will run out of inspiration any time soon. I wonder what I can do with this?





3 comments:

Florida Farm Girl said...

Lovely quilt. And as for what you could do with that scrollwork on the porch!!! It would be beautiful repeated as close as you can in various colors on a plain background. Maybe one going one way and one reversed, made big enough to be the entire quilt with just the two motifs. What do you think?

Michelle said...

Beautiful! And great inspiration, too.

Jean said...

Feather and fan comes to mind, but am not sure that is a quilt pattern. I love the stained glass quilt!