Saturday, June 28, 2014

Move Over Mildred There's a New Loom in Town

Just when Sheville was starting to look a little sparse along came a deal that I couldn't refuse. I recently met a woman who, back in 2008, thought she would like to take up weaving. She didn't just dip her toe in, she dove head first and bought a deluxe Schacht weaving package that included an eight shaft Mighty Wolf, matching bench, 14 yard warping board, extra reed, raddle, lease sticks, warp sticks, 8 shuttles, swedish bobbin winder, etc. She then wove two or three projects and never looked at it again. This loom is in such like-new condition it still gleams. It was the deal of the century, I HAD to buy it. 


So now I can set the Norwood up to do sectional warping for rugs and large projects, while I use this gem for the lighter weight projects. I'm so excited I might pee my pants if I'm not careful. I think I might need to reduce my liquids intake for a day or two.

3 comments: