Monday, January 25, 2010

Evolution - It's a Good Thing

Can you pat your head and rub your tummy while swinging on a porch swing? I'm finding that's pretty much what it takes to get a good, even yarn. I've been having my own little fiber fest as of late.

I started with some gorgeous, soft Shetland I purchased at Sheep Street. It was a joy to spin but I'm still getting too much twist. I may need to invest in a bigger whirl.

But the leftovers combined with some Romney beautifully.

Then I moved on to painted Romney. Difficult to spin but the colors are yummy.


Now my bobbins are all full again with more Shetland. I am evolving, maybe I'll get the hang of this yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! You've got skills!

Those are some pretty colors too!

Kara said...

Hang in there you are doing great! If you are over twisting try playing with your tension so that it draws in faster so you don't have a chance to put in too much twist. I find now that I over do it I don't put enough twist in sometimes. I am trying to work more twist back in without going too far the other way again.