Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

I got lots of 'em. First, let me just remind you all that we school at home around these parts. And we're taking on ninth grade this year. It's a pretty heavy schedule. Not that I'm in there standing over his shoulder every minute of our school day, but he's using the computer for most of his work now. The computer where I used to edit my photos and leisurely write funny and witty comments about them. So my blogging has become sporadic and for that I must apologize.

Obviously he's not doing school work twenty-four seven though so what other lame excuse do I have? Well, we've been busy. Lots of errands and such. Pet vaccinations. Field trips. Throw in a quick family reunion and a home improvement project (the downstairs bathroom) and I've got my hands full. And then there is the whole "America's Got Talent" thing. I don't normally watch much television, especially reality shows. But for some strange reason I've gotten hooked on this one. It's taking up what little free time I had left during the week.

Just know I'm still out here, and I still have a story to tell. I'm just waiting in line for the computer to edit my photos.

7 comments:

Amelia said...

God will bless you for this kind act...just hang in there!

Amelia

Jayne said...

I can't think of a better reason--not excuse--for not blogging than to be taking classes towards adopting a child. Of course, I might be a little biased, being an adopted child myself. =)

Anonymous said...

How amazing you are. Such a nice family taking on this wonderful endeavor.

Jen said...

Wow, that's amazing Christine! Way to go! Fingers are crossed for you as you wade through the mound of paper work.

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs to be loved, I know you can handle that, but that paper work is a pain. For you & Mike it's a peice of cake!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YA
JUST ME

Anonymous said...

i really enjoy your blog!! I read about your having a 9th grade son, and I thought...oh cool, our daughter just started 9th grade...and I know what you're talkin' 'bout with all the school work!! High school!! (it's a little intimidating for me!) Then I read about your taking foster/adopting classes through your state. We just started the same classes, here in Missouri!! My thoughts/feelings are exactly the same as yours!! We think we want to do it, but we're a little nervous and apprehensive!! I'll enjoy reading about your journeY!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

One of my best friends just adopted form the foster care system. It has been truly a blessing. Best wishes to you on this journey. blessings, marlene