Friday, October 16, 2009

The In-laws are Coming, The In-laws are Coming!

Run! Panic! Hide!


We've had a rash of visitors lately. Not sure why we're so popular all of a sudden but it's been fun. The Golden Girls love being in the spotlight. Now the In-laws will be here Monday for what they think will be a nice leisurely visit. Mwah, ha, ha, ha. Don't ever visit a work-in-progress homestead for more than a day if you know anything at all about anything, 'cause you WILL be put to work. I can hear the hammers banging and smell the bread baking already. Yep, next week I'll have a woman here who has baked homemade bread all her life. If you think I'll let her get away without full disclosure of her bread baking secrets you're crazy. Who knows, I may even video tape it for future reference.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Better you than me sister!

Years ago we bought my in-laws an answering machine for christmas and here's the message I recorded on it.
"Hello, you have reached the (insert last name) residence. (insert FIL name) and (insert MIL name) are tied up right now so please leave a message and they'll call you back as soon as I let them."

I thought it was funny....but no one else did.

Cindy said...

Definetly watch and record the bread making. Enjoy the visit.

Nancy K. said...

You really did use a photo of a ewe PEEING, didn't you?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!


(I'm so glad that Blogger's finally letting me leave comments again)

Jen said...

OMG, I thought the ewe was peeing but I thought no, it couldn't be. Ewwwwwwwweeeeeee. Seriously funny stuff!!

Rural Writer said...

What a picture! Gotta love it. Hope you get all kinds of great break making secrets.