Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bug Sucking

I'm writing a letter to the USDA. I want to know the name of the moron who brought these blankety-blank Asian beetles here. You know they know who did it. I want his name so I can give him back the 6,000,000,000,000,000 little buggers I've sucked up into my vacuum cleaner the past three days. Or shoot him. One or the other.

Oh sure, some of you are sitting there thinking "there she goes exaggerating again". Um, no, not this time people. Even the gutter guy was freaked out when he stopped here the other day. It's a lot like a horror flick really. They're attracted to light colors. This big old white house is just a giant bug magnet at this point. A big old orange polka dot magnet.

They're everywhere, all day. They try to jump in my coffee, they crawl over my freshly folded laundry, they drown themselves in the dog water bowl, they're dive bombing me from the lamp as I type.

On the bright side, these blankety blank bugs do somehow cause that annoying whistling noise the door is making seem like a pleasant serenade.

8 comments:

Midwest Bicycle Company said...

I feel your pain. They love the west side of our house. Any possible hole, they find it. Tons and tons of them....flying, bouncing off of lights, landing on me while I sleep....

Just found your blog, by the way. Judging from your R.E. agent, I'm not too far from you (I'm in Greencastle). Check out my blog if you get a chance.

I haven't read everything yet, so I don't know if you got glass for the doors of that cabinet... if not, I have a few of my window sashes left that have unbroken glass in them. (Glass is from around 1840)

Larry

LRC said...

I think you are having hallucinations caused by being at about day 50. Yeah, that't it!

Renee said...

I HATE those things. And they stink when they get smushed or on light bulbs. When we built our house in the woods 11 years ago, I freaked. The windows weren't in yet and these things were everywhere. I thought we had just dumped all our money down the toilet. Turns out it wasn't until we bought this house that everything went to flushville.

Wendy said...

That sounds awful to have bugs everywhere. I hope you can get rid of them soon.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'm so sorry. I wonder what eats them? And then I wonder what eats whatever eats them? I don't suppose it would be a good idea to import whatever eats them and then import whatever eats what eats them. Or something. So sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am feeling your pain here in Colfax, IN, (south of Lafayette). I too have an old farmhouse in the middle of nowhere and the only thing that can find my house is the asian ladybugs! YUCK!

I love reading your blog, keep up the good work! --Jenny

Rechelle said...

We've got them too, but it doesn't sound like they are quite as bad as yours - the stench of our house must be keeping them at bay.

Sandy said...

The birds won't even eat them -- seems they're also not only smelly but bitter-tasting. Sigh.