Sunday, November 18, 2007

Look What We Found

Friday we looked around for some blacksmithing supplies. Not only did Grandpa have an anvil, he also had a vice, hammers, clamps, tongs...now all we need is a forge.

Keep in mind, it's the packrats that will rule the earth once it all hits the fan and everyone is running amok. Remember Mad Max? I come from a long line of packrats. You should be nice to us, we will be the power brokers when that day comes.



Then, while cleaning the stinkin' bugs out of the basement we found this hidden above a door. Someone was boozin' it up down there many, many moons ago.



But I think the most interesting find of the weekend was... a fungus bigger than your head. Cool, eh?

I believe it's called an elephant ear. But, I doubt it's as tasty as the one's you get at the fair.

4 comments:

Renee said...

I love how you use so many photos. I am way too lazy to even find my camera, much less use it to enhance my blog. And cool on all the b-smithing finds.

Sandy said...

Everyone in my family used to complain about me being a packrat... that is until they all needed something and I just happened to have it! Like the dog feet in the picture of the blacksmithing find...

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I love what you're doing with the house! Grandpas rock!

Have you considered listing it in the Home Name Registry? I think your home is perfect for it.

The website is www.homenameregistry.com

Billy!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Love this post. It makes me feel better about my junk...or, I mean I feel better about my wonderful items which will be great for trading when Mad Max roars into view.

One of my mom's friends called her one day and said, "Joan, you are the only one I know who might have a hat stretcher." And she did.