Friday, November 16, 2007

Kids These Days

Jarrod and his crew from Hi-N-Dri Guttering are here today. They're out there braving the cold, the bugs, dangling off precariously placed ladders 20 feet in the air. Obviously they're younger than we are. With age comes wisdom. We've reached the point in our lives where we know how much it's going to hurt when we hit the ground. So certain home improvement projects are going to be left to the professionals, the young, or the insane; whomever we can convince to get up there.

They quickly started removing the miniature roof moats we had previously. If you click on the above picture you can see the water draining from the gutter. It hasn't rained here for about a week. So they weren't really gutters. They were moats.


Very full moats.


Check out the size of this ladder. Nothing in this universe would ever convince me to climb up on that thing. Not even chocolate.


I feel the need to point out that they are here, working their tails off on the day they said they would. Such a rarity with contractors now days. And the best part, they're crazy, er I mean young, enough to come back and clean them out for us next year.

6 comments:

Midwest Bicycle Company said...

That was our thinking too... professionals for all things that require a ladder taller than my truck is long. lol

LRC said...

Great recommendation! Too bad I don't have any trees large enough shed upon our roof.

Jayne said...

We have SO much in common--even our gutters look alike!

Renee said...

Gotta love insane, er, young people.

I frequently quote Kathy Bates' character in Fried Green Tomatoes (I'm older and I've got more insurance), but on the height thing, I surrender.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I think men love to be on the roof. I even wrote a blog about it. One day my husband looked and our two year old was at the top of the ladder. He very calmly gathered him up and brought him down. Yup, it's a man thing.

Karen Anne said...

I just got here from a you might also like link. Your house has interesting window placements...