We're at one of those critical points where you can't really start one thing until you finish another. M needs to start building the screen doors but there's not enough room in the shop. All those projects we've been collecting need to be dealt with. We also need the space to start planning our yard sale on Labor Day weekend. Once that's over with we need to start insulating so we can keep working out there when the temperature starts to drop. So it's time to get the garage in order.
Of course it's not just that easy, I also have other things that are in the way of just getting that done. So here's my laundry list of to do's this weekend.
1. Put the FINAL coat of spar varnish on the door. (I don't care if it's 99% humidity, I'm doing it anyway, I want that door done.)
2. Try that whole staining the washstand project one more time and hopefully have it moved upstairs by the end of the weekend.
3. Bring the jelly cupboard in and start the "making old" process once M finishes building the doors.
4. Start refinishing the rope bed and have M build the side rails. (I was hoping to save the original finish but declared that impossible after cleaning them up today.)
5. Tackle the enormous mess that I claim as my craft room. Figure out what's going, what's staying and what's yard sale material.
6. Start gathering all the other yard sale stuff from around the house (ie cleaning out the nooks and crannies).
Then once all that's done, we can get back to our normal ever growing to-do list. Yeesh!