Monday, August 27, 2007

Mission Re-Organization

I am completely exhausted, so bear with me if this seems like rambling. Today I conquered the dreaded re-organization project of my sewing and craft rooms. I had been using a loft area at the top of the back staircase as my make-do sewing studio. I was bound and determined to clean up my scrapbooking/stamping/storage room enough to fit all my sewing essentials in. This also will allow me to set up an antique quilting frame in the loft area to go with my treadle machine.

While I was condensing down my scrapbooking supplies it occurred to me that I could fit that desk into our guest room and use that closet for the supplies. This would give me a lot more sewing space and also make my SIL very happy. She's our primary guest and she loves to bring her scrapbooks to work on when she visits. So I rearranged the furniture. Swapped the contents of the closets. Moved the sewing furniture. And generally reorganized the three different rooms.

I still have a few details to sort through but so far I'm thrilled with the results. My wonderful DH is building me a new sewing table and this arrangement will give me plenty of room for it. And if I can get him to build a few more bookcases I'll be all set. Still need to paint the walls and the floor, but that sounds like a good winter project to me. I'm too tired to even think about it right now.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Wow. That is a week or three of work done in a day. If your hubby wants to make an extra bookcase, I'd be glad to take it off your hands. ;-)