Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bigfoot Spotted at Local Corn Maze...

No wait, that's not Bigfoot. That's me! Still a rare sighting considering I'm usually behind the camera, but I don't have big feet. Well maybe they're big considering my height, but you didn't really come here to read about my feet did you?

Have you ever been through a haunted corn maze? Neither have I, but my kid and all his friends and their families did Friday night. I volunteered to be brave and stay and make sure the campfire didn't die out. Would have hated for them to come back all cold and scared and not be able to warm themselves.


It's not that I was too scared to go in the maze after the hay ride. Nope. Those screams coming from the corn didn't drag up any unresolved issues of Steven King novels for me. No, I was just genuinely concerned about guarding our fire and belongings. Someone may have run off with our cider, or worse yet our marshmallows. Cause, you know, those criminal types are always out looking for marshmallows. I saved the day by not going in that maze.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You've turned into a chicken. I guess it was bound to happen..sooner or later.

Jayne said...

Bwah ha ha ha!! I thought your post was funny, Christine, and then I read Milah's comment and about fell over laughing!! Whoo!

Okay, now that I've recovered....I would've been right there with you at the campfire. No haunted corn maze for me!

Anonymous said...

You HAVE turned into a chicken already. The Moon has been so bright you could have seen your own shadow.
Try going into that corn field hunting for Black Cows without the moon sometime. At least Chickens always come home to roost!!!!!!!!
Love ya
JUST ME

Megan :) said...

Yeah you know those criminal types marshmallow theives are so common.


:)

Renee said...

Looks like it was a great time. Nice shot of you and the engineer too. Is all that your land in the top photo? SOOOOOOOO jealous.

If I'd have been there, I'd have helped with the fire. Can't be too cautious about getting cold.

Christine said...

Yeah Renee, that's all of the old homestead. First time I've taken a shot like that.

Anonymous said...

This is the first photo I've seen of you. You're just a baby! How did you get so smart and witty at such a young age? Your outlook on life made me think you were a wise, old woman.

Anonymous said...

"How did you get so smart and witty at such a young age? Your outlook on life made me think you were a wise, old woman."

Yup, she's the spitting image of her mother.

-totally anonymous

Christine said...

ROTFLOL! Oh I FEEL old all right, not so sure about the wise part though.

You guys crack me up!