Thursday, October 9, 2008

We Hit the JACKPOT!

Well okay, no not that jackpot. We won a chicken coop contest! You see, our friends over at Backyard Chickens run these contests every once in a while amongst all of us crazy chicken people who like to hang out there and we won the large coop category this time around. Now our coop will be on display in their coop gallery. How exciting is that? And if just the "coolest coop" title were not enough look at all the loot they sent us!


Now I just need to get the girls to live up to the wording on the t-shirt. LOL

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Congratulations! Honestly, I couldn't imagine you NOT winning--that coop is like the MTV Cribs version of a chicken coop. Maybe you could hang the t-shirt in the coop to guilt the girls into providing breakfast. What? Chickens can't read??

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, How could you not get the AWARD. After all who has put more "SWEAT" equity into the "CHICKEN RITZ CARLTON" than you guys. If part of your "loot" is salt & pepper shakers I need them for my collection!! Have you tried chanting"LAY B@%$#&S LAY." "DRY BACK B@%$#&S" worked for bubbles in wallpaper.
LOVE YA
JUST ME

Unknown said...

What a cool blog. I stopped on by from the smiths.

Carol said...

Congratulations, you deserve it. It is the best looking chicken coop I have ever seen. Maybe that will give the girls a "push".

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Congrats! I really do love your set-up. My girl's would be soooo jealous!

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

I am still trying to convince my husband to have a go at building a set up like yours. There's just something about the chain link surrounding ours that is just so...uncountry feeling!

Love the shirt. Even though we let the girls free range, we have found that a small serving of laying mash keeps them laying. We ran out of it this summer and they stopped laying until we went to the mill and bought a new bag.

Congrats!
chistine