Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Busier than a one-eyed cat watchin' two mouse holes.

The man came to fill up the fuel oil furnace. I didn't pass out when he handed me the bill, but we immediately called someone to come blow in some more insulation in the attic. They'll be here Friday. Of course it's not just that easy. I needed a light fixture installed in the closet. You know, just one of those old fashioned pull-the-string kind. Better to do it now than after all that insulation is in the way. The engineer spent some time recently sealing all the duct work, too. We need to put the storm doors back up and try to get ahead of that horrible wind whistling noise we suffered through last year.

Then there's the entire reorganization of the upstairs. We're installing carpet in one of the bedrooms. The one that served as my sewing room. After it's carpeted it will become the master bedroom, freeing up the room we're currently using for a kiddo or two. So I've relocated the sewing room to the loft at the top of the back stairway. I've crammed all my scrapbooking and rubber stamping stuff in there too. Well, most of it. There's so much stuff it won't all fit. But luckily I'm using some of it up. On top of all the other tasks, I'm working on a family album that we need to present to the social worker when she comes to do our homestudy. She called today to schedule it. Now I have to get busy, finish childproofing and clean this house too...

6 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I know that's a lot of work on your list but isn't it energizing to have a plan! I love organizing and reorganizing - I know I'm weird. blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

Don't worry about a family album...just have them read your blog!

I like your new header and that sure is a cute picture of you and you husband!

Jayne said...

I really like the new header. Just show that to the social worker and point out all that yard the child will have to play in. Then have the social worker read your blog. He or she would see right away that any kid would be fortunate to grow up in your family. I know it's not that easy, but it should be. Kid needs a good home, you have a good home that needs a kid--seems simple to me. I might be a little biased here; I'm an adopted child myself. :)

Jennifer said...

Good luck with the social worker! I agree... print out your blogpages... chickens and all. :)

Nice background and header!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog. I'm from Indiana myself, I've enjoyed reading your posts and can't wait to see more.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

May I confess to my sewing room envy? Oh, oh... to have a place set up for my sewing. A place where i don not need to pack up my projects in order to sit at the table and eat dinner with my husband. Sigh.

Blessings!
Lacy