Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Little Dream House on the Prairie

My dream house sits just a stone's throw away from the blacksmith shop. It's wrap around porch just calls me to sit and snap some beans or something.


The cozy interior is furnished perfectly. Everything you really, truly need is here.


I'd move in tomorrow if the park staff would let me. My family laughs at that and claims I wouldn't last a day. But what they don't know is that I've been dreaming of this place since I was a little girl.



When I read the Little House books or watched the series on TV, in my mind I was Laura. Just standing inside this humble little abode makes me wonder if I didn't live in such a place in a former life or was it just the childhood dreams that make it feel so much like home?

I'd last longer than a day. The only thing I can think of that I've become too spoiled to live without would be a fan on those steamy August days where the air is so thick and still you can't breathe. But even then I could just take a dip in the pond to cool off I suppose. Yep, if it were just me, I'd be moving.

10 comments:

Patsy said...

That little village needs people to live in it. I like your dream house.
Patsy

Unknown said...

We do have kindred spirits.

We believe we know where the origional log cabin stood on our farm and someday I would love to have an archelogical dig to see what we turn up. I often think of my husbands ancestors living in that cabin. What life must have been like for them.

Where is this village you speak about?

Christine said...

It's Fowler Park just south of Terre Haute, it's a gorgeous park.

StitchinByTheLake said...

And I'd like to live in a similar cabin just down the road a piece - the one with the indoor bathroom. :) blessings, marlene

Jayne said...

Love that wraparound porch. The park reminds me of Missouri Town, near where I work. When I was little, I wanted to live there and raise sheep. Still doesn't seem like such a bad idea some days.

Carol said...

I love small cozy places and this looks so inviting. Yep, it would be easy to live there.

Unknown said...

Christine, Check out

http:/carilott.blogspot.com/2008/10/mississinewa-1812-2008.html

LRC said...

AS soon as you install the running water, indoor bathroom and electricity, I am there:)O

Megan :) said...

Im going to have a log cabin one day mom and you can come over whenever you like :)

Robbyn said...

OK, I'm soooooo with you on loving this cabin!! (as in to live in, not just to visit and take tourist pics of...) love your pics. Geesh, I must be a throwback fromsome appalachian relative :)