Saturday, May 7, 2011

Anticipation…

We’re moving piles of cement blocks,

DSCN0358

and piles of firewood,

DSCN0359

and stacking them up in nice tidy rows outside of the pasture.

DSCN0360

We’re hauling away broken bricks and piles of old barn roofing.

We’re relocating the compost pile,

generally cleaning up the barn lot,

cleaning out the North side of the barn,

and then we’ll build a couple of stalls over there.

When we’re finished we’ll have added 800 square feet of living space in the barn. We’re going to need it. Our guests will be arriving soon.

christinesig

13 comments:

ErikS said...

Hmm...do I see a new tractor? It's almost like that thing is coming in handy around there.

Christine said...

After today I will no longer complain about its price tag. Worth. Every. Penny.

Unknown said...

Will he be a guest or an adopted member of the family?

Christine said...

Good point, Milah. I guess I should call them family. :)

Tammy said...

Llamas? Donkeys? Horses? Oh my! The possibilities are endless. I can't wait to find out. :-)
Tammy

Mom L said...

Them! As in more than one. And 2 new stalls - this is exciting!

Nancy in Iowa

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Looking forward to the reveal!

Anonymous said...

Guests? And who might that be she asked.

Di

Unknown said...

Well, cows would be cool. Horses are fun but so much work! Did you go llama or alpaca on us?

Michelle said...

Oh, I can't wait to meet the new guests of Front Porch! I am thinking some beauvine? Betsy, Sally and Molly would be great names! :o) See..I am getting a head of myself already!

The barn looks amazing...I have always loved barns! I think it comes from when I was 5, our babysitter had two on her property..loved, loved, loved going to the barns!

Angela said...

Alpacas or ponies?? Either way I'm jealous! ~ Penny

Michelle said...

I'm guessing horses; nothing else is so accident-prone as to need stalls (ask me how I know).

thecrazysheeplady said...

WHAT?!?!?!?