Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I didn’t put The Rat Pack in with Willa right away because I thought it would be a big deal. She tends to get overly excited and scare the snot out of those she protects. I didn’t want the boys to feel unsafe in their new home.

I decided to at least introduce them today to get a feel for each other. I figured it wouldn’t last long and I’d need to put her back in a separate pasture. Instead she sniffed them, then their poo pile and promptly laid down for a nap.

DSC_7871

The boys aren’t even remotely afraid of her because there were plenty LGDs  just like her where they came from. To say the Great Willabeast introduction was a non-issue would be an understatement.

DSC_7894

They are settling in quite well and really showing off their personalities.  Every time I try to get a good shot of Sammy, Frankie sticks his head in the shot.  He’s a bit of a ham.

DSC_7880

Little Peter hasn’t stopped eating since he got here. Well, none of them have for that matter. The farm they came from was a little crowded so the pastures were not as plentiful. They must think they’re at an all-you-can-eat buffet by comparison.

DSC_7904

The first night we guided them into the barn. Every night since then they’ve put themselves to bed. We’ve had the same bedtime routine for the sheep now for how many years? They still don’t understand to do it themselves!

I think the boys like it here. I know I’m enjoying having them. By far the smoothest new-hire orientation we’ve had so far.

Yesterday I spent part of the day cleaning out the old sheep shack to get it ready for the next round of newbies. Hopefully they’ll be here within the next week or so. I hope that transition goes as smoothly as this one.

DSC_7911

christinesig

11 comments:

Michelle said...

My goodness; MORE animals?!? I think I'm jealous (I KNOW I am if more sheep from Theresa are coming!).

Lori said...

That's great there was such a smooth transition. They are so adorable!

Unknown said...

I'm still laughing, they are so funny!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Now what are you getting?!?

carol fun said...

Glad the boys are settling in nicely - they are just so stinking cute!

Karen Patrick said...

They might be the cutest things I have ever seen.

goatgirl said...

I didn't know they could have blue eyes. I'm in love with Frankie.

Dianne@sheepdreams said...

Aren't they great? I'm crazy about my fiber boys. Did you get their fleeces from their last shearing? Blend it with your girls and you will love them even more!

The Barn Door said...

They are so cute! That Peter is just adorable!!

Me and My Stitches said...

I love them - they are so cute!

Laura said...

Angora goats?