Thursday, May 12, 2011

Starring…The Rat Pack

They arrived at their new gig this morning ready to party.

DSC_7797

Allow me to introduce you to the one and only…

DSC_7781

Frankie  (aka Ol’ Blue Eyes, The Chairman of the Board, Frank Sinatra)

and his cohort…

DSC_7770

Dino (aka the King of Cool, Dean Martin)

and, of course, their buddy…

DSC_7783

Sammy Davis Jr.

oh, and let’s not forget…

DSC_7801

Peter Lawford.

They seem to be pleased enough with their new dressing rooms, they even have groupies hanging around outside the gate already.

DSC_7778

The groupies were too shy to ask for an autograph though.

DSC_7802

“Those are some freakishly tall sheep,” said Blanche.

She’s a little confused. I had to explain that they were alpacas and not sheep.

“What the heck is an alpaca?” she asked.

“Well, they’re kind of like a camel,” I said.

“In Indiana? Camels in Indiana? Why would you want a camel in Indiana?”

“Well, they’re not really camels, they’re alpacas. I wanted them because they produce the softest fleece in the world.”

Then she gave me a dirty look and walked away. I’m afraid I may have hurt her feelings.

“Not that your fleece isn’t soft, Blanche! I just…”

christinesig

16 comments:

thequiltedmitten said...

I'm so jealous! I want alpacas soo bad!

Diannia said...

My brother and his wife raise alpacas in Missouri. They have a camel too!

Michelle said...

The groupies weren't too shy to ask for autographs -- they were TERRIFIED of the aliens that had landed!!! (Seriously; am I the only one who thinks they look like aliens?!?)

I think you should just ship your poor, offended, betrayed sheep to Boulderneigh, where they will be fully appreciated for their WONDERFUL wool....

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

This is awesome.
kim

Lori said...

I would have never guessed that alpacas were coming! They are amazing!! I can't wait to hear all about them and the groupies.

Kathy said...

You are going to be one busy lady with all those fluffy beasts to shear next spring. How does Willa like the new herd?

jan said...

How cute are they!!! I see stories written all over their faces.

Dorothy L. Wills said...

They are so adorable. Wish I could come for a visit. There is a fiber festival this weekend a couple hours away, I would love to take my kids to see the animals.

Unknown said...

Those are the funniest looking creatures! I can't help but laugh at them.....but don't tell them...I don't want to hurt their feelings!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Let's try again!! I've never seen shorn alpacas before! I have to agree with Milah, those little guys are comical looking, but totally adorable.

Nancy K. said...

Oh, WOW! They're gorgeous! I love Frankie's BLUE-blue eyes.

You're going to be spinning up some mighty fine yarn this time next year!

Sheila said...

The little guys are so cute. When I looked at the first image I thought they were statues. Can't wait to hear more adventures of the "Rat Pack". Have a great weekend!

Earlene said...

Very Very Interesting!

carol fun said...

Oh Christine - they are so adorable! As for camels in Indiana, one day on my way to IU I was driving on US 52 and there is guy who has a camel on his property! I was so shocked I had to turn the car around and go back for a 2nd look - how does a camel end up in nowhere Indiana?

Penny said...

Love the alpacas .. but what happened to the llamas??

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Forget the rental on the Goats, bring on the ALPACAS!!!
I can stake them out & still see their heads...Ask The Kid if he would start teaching them to lead!!!There are spots I can't mow, weedeater quit running..

Love Ya
Just Me