Monday, March 1, 2010

See You In Sochi

Like millions of other young athletes across the globe, I have been inspired the last few weeks. It's not all glory. We have all witnessed the blood, sweat, tears, heartache and pain involved. The pain part is what has always prevented me from having even an ounce of competitiveness in my body. But watching the immensely talented knitters participating in Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics push themselves to greatness made me think to myself, "You know, maybe I can do that?" It seems much safer than rocketing thirty feet into the air on a snowboard. So I set out to find the very best coaches, convinced them I had it in me and started on a training mission...

Viola! May I present to you my very first finished object. A plaid dishcloth. (Feel free to ooh and aah here.)

Seems it's never to late for Olympic dreams, even old dogs can learn new tricks. See you all in Sochi!
Photobucket
  

14 comments:

Dawn said...

Congratulations and wow it looks great! I finished my knitting olympics project too, just before the closing ceremonies. It was a fun challenge.

melanie said...

OOOOHH! AAAHHH!! Very nice job!

Michelle said...

You won gold with your very first finished object; that's awesome! I think you should frame that one!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive!

Donna said...

I have to say....knitting intimidates me....I have a low patience threshhold and can't sit still and I tend to get frustrated very easily. And yet..... I can sit and needle-felt my little lambie animals and LOVE it! I guess you have to find what "fits". I am in ohhhh and ahhhhh and awe of ANYONE who completes something by way of knit one purl two or whatever! I have thought that I would, perhaps, give it a try again someday....would love to learn a really simple over-sized cap that I could felt....anyone have any suggestions?
Congrats on your project!!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

oooooh aaaaaaah Well done!!!

Patsy said...

You have inspired me. I am going to do the same. oooh!aaah! you are so good.
Patsy

Cindy said...

I'm impressed and you're a GOLD medal winner first time out.

CathyD. said...

Congratulations! An exceptionally lovely first project. You should be very proud.

Dianna said...

As my little granddaughter would say, "Good job, You!" Lovely finished project and love the blue and white!

Terri said...

That is an incredible dish cloth! I am highly impressed! :) You definitely get the gold!

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

EXCELLENT! Keep at it! I hope you will love knitting as much as I do!

kim

p.s. I just knit a sweater for my sister's chickens. You can take a look at our blog!

Imaginary_girl said...

Very nice!

Have you gotten your goats yet? We got ours over the weekend and I have a couple of pics here: http://glimpsingthegold.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-can-you-possibly-say-anything-else.html

Lori said...

That's awesome! I love knitted dishcloths and yours scores the gold!!