Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Goodbye Goats

They came.

They saw.

They ate.

Now that the pasture is cleared, Daisy, Bo and Luke packed their bags and headed down the road today. Like, um, literally. They only moved two miles away. I’ll be able to wave at them and toss them a cookie when I drive to town.

DSC_8928

The Dukes are going to go live with a neighborhood farmer who has lots of goats. I think I actually heard their collective sigh of relief when they found out they wouldn’t have to live with sheep anymore. I’m trying not to be insulted by it.

11 comments:

Rita said...

Will you miss them?

Unknown said...

Aww....I'll miss them.

Christine said...

I'll miss their funny antics, I think I'm the only one here that will though.

The Barn Door said...

Oh my! Looks like LOTS of walnuts on the ground there! Bet you have a lot of snow and yucky weather this winter!!!

Karen Anne said...

Hoe long have you had those guys? They aren't in my consciousness like the other animals, for some reason.

Christine said...

Two summers now I think. They've just not had a lot of press lately. Another reason they were happy to leave.

Danni said...

Byeeee goats!!
And seriously - are those walnuts or green apples on the ground? If those are walnuts, I can't show this picture to my mom. She is OBSESSED with walnuts on the ground. She has been known to bring cars to screeching halts when she spies walnuts lying in farmers' fields.
:-)

Christine said...

Send your mother here please! We have so many stinkin' walnuts we can't even walk.

Zitrone said...

Fresh walnuts on the ground??? Could I have a care package via FedEx before they dry? I'll pay the postage, handling, etc., and will agree to all fine print. You can also have my first-born. Just kidding, of course.

Danni said...

And now, Christine....you've met my mom. And yes, I'm her first-born.
:-) :-)

Christine said...

How many truck loads would you like?! You should come visit. Like, every year.