Friday, July 13, 2012

I Linger

My life is experiencing a great upheaval. It would be easy to look back with regret. To cling to the past and not let go.

DSC_1705

It would be easy to fear the future. The unknown. Where will I end up? Who will be there with me?

DSC_1732

Instead I am embracing the here and now. Savoring the moment. I linger as I go about my daily tasks. One more pet. A few more photos. Another glass of wine. I linger because right here, right now ain’t all bad and I don’t want to waste a moment of it.

DSC_1734

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel for you and would like to encoursge you to embrace the here and now: God gives this very moment for us to enjoy! Cheers on a glass of wine! wish I could join you on your porch! Love from a very cold Cape Town

Dianne@sheepdreams said...

Though change can be difficult, it often leads us to a better place. One of the most painful times in my life, led me to where I am now and I wouldn't go back to that past life for anything. There are good things ahead for you.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Enjoy the here and now and making your new house your home.

Michelle said...

I'm am thankful for you that you have your job at Connor Prairie; what an oasis.

Elaine said...

Here's to a new beginning!! Cheers!! Wish I could come over and have wine with you tonight.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Here's to new adventures!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. I, too, am at a crossroads in my life--different circumstances but the same feelings. Thanks for the reminder about the only thing I really have, and that's the here and now.
6