Friday, January 13, 2012

Thou Shalt Be Done

The small room at the top of the back stairs has become my crafty dumping station. I try to at least keep all of the yarn somewhat organized, but it was starting to overflow. The room is stacked with boxes, both full of rubber stamping and scrapbooking supplies that I intend to sell and empty boxes that are just hanging out until I need one. I can only stand clutter for so long. I need to be able to use the desk that is under all of that, because I’m pretty sure the drum carder is under there somewhere. I would like to process a few fleeces. Winter has finally come, and seems like it will stick around, so there’s no time like the present to get started. 

Yesterday I pulled out all of my yarn stash, photographed it, and categorized it on Ravelry so I’ll know what I have -- and force myself to use it. I even assigned most of it to projects in my queue; I plan to plug away at it all year leaving me with a pile of finished objects in December. I’m working on some Vancouver Fog fingerless gloves in an alpaca/wool blend right now.

DSC_9520

I also started photographing a few items to finally get posted in my Etsy store. This, I’ve been putting off forever. The room looks worse now than when I started, but after a short break this afternoon for a class, I’m planning to buckle down and spend the weekend in there getting the job done. I like the feeling of accomplishment and hopefully I’ll find that drum carder in the process.  I see a give-away in my blog future. Teal mohair anyone?

8 comments:

melanie said...

Gorgeous Mitts!! (Pattern name?) And here's to finished objects...I have name 2012 the Year of Finished Objects in an attempt to deal with my yarn stash...so I'm with ya!

Christine said...

Oh yeah, pattern link would be good...added it.

Should we make this a challenge?

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Love those mitts. They are beautiful. Do they have my name on them somewhere?

Anonymous said...

I always feel a great weight lifted from my shoulders when I clear away clutter. Have fun with your projects!

Sweettoothe said...

The mitts are beautiful! I'm just starting to knit (not to say I haven't made various attempts with no success!!) I think I finally am getting somewhere with it :) I first wanted to knit after you posted about your perfectly matched socks that you had made!

Benita said...

Beautiful mitts! They look so warm and comfy.

Robin said...

I downloaded the pattern too Christine! Thank so much for sharing! yours are coming out lovely :) I just love cables!

Michelle said...

I wore my black mohair moebius shawl over a turquoise sweater today; your teal mohair sounds right up my alley! Good luck on your big project; I just broke my new year's resolution to knit from stash this year by buying (sale) yarn at the LYS for two different projects.... Granted, nothing in my stash worked for THESE two projects.....