Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dear Doggy Diary

It's me, Lucy.

I used to be the princess around here. I used to get all the petting. I slept in the master's bed. I shared the master's couch. Then along came that cat. And I was told I had to "share". That was okay though, she would knock the barbecue chicken wings off the counter to me when nobody was looking. And sometimes she could be kind of fun. So I decided she could stay. But the next thing you know, the big dog showed up. And I had to keep him company instead of sleeping in the bed. They said there wasn't enough room anymore for everybody. I had to "share" my treats and toys and everything.

Then there were the chickens. They would be a lot of fun to chase, but I'm not allowed to do that. I get in trouble if I do that. And Mom spends all her time with them instead of me. Now there are four more animals around here. I suppose they're going to expect me to share all my stuff with them too! It's just not fair! I don't even think they're real dogs!


Nobody loves me,
Everybody hates me,
I think I'll go eat some worms.





6 comments:

Unknown said...

HaHa!

Noboby loves me,
Everybody hates me,
I guess I'll go eat some worms.

Where did that originate? You and Jack are the only two people I've heard say that!

Suzette said...

Ha-hahhhh! You got me with that last frame. Snickered out loud! Poor puppy! :)

Christine said...

Milah,

It was one of those silly children's songs. Can't remember all of it anymore. But I think it went on and on until you had a tummy ache.

Rachel said...

Not to be gross, but here is what I remember:

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,
Long, thin, slimy ones; Short, fat, juicy ones,
Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.

Down goes the first one, down goes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm.
Up comes the first one, up comes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm.

I know there was more...at least I think there was...LOL...Love the last picture!

Julie-Ann said...

Please tell Lucy she can come and spend a week with me in the city and in the 'hood. After a few days (even with my doggie girls, Gracie and my Lucy) she will be begging to go back to the farm and unleashed. She will forever appreciate what she has!

Jen said...

Poor poor lucy!!

Hey I just noticed that your blog has a Like, Share It, tweet it option on top. Is that the whole "networked" thing? It's pretty cool. So, are you tweeting??